Undergraduate Admissions

Where can I find out more about the personal statement and reference?

Please visit our Personal Statement webpages for guidance on what makes a good personal statement.

In regards to the reference, if you are currently studying, or have recently completed a course of study, your referee should be a tutor from your school or college who can comment on your ability to succeed on the course. If your teacher has left, try speaking to your school or college to see whether there is another member of staff that can help you and discuss making your application through them. Please note that a family member or friend cannot act as your referee.

If you are not applying through a school or college, please visit the UCAS Undergraduate Reference webpage for further guidance.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Click here to get a personal answer