The University will cover the cost of quarantine for those travelling from red list countries to attend campus for the 2021-22 academic year to anyone arriving from a red list country from Monday 5 July 2021. We are unable to consider costs incurred in the previous academic year.
1. If you arrived in the UK before 12 August 2021, and are required to quarantine in a UK Government managed quarantine hotel, the University will cover the cost up to a maximum cost of £1,750 for any new or returning self-funding students starting their course in September 2021. If you arrive in the UK on, or after 12 August 2021, and are required to quarantine in a UK Government managed quarantine hotel, the University will cover the cost up to a maximum of £2,285. This will be available for any new or returning self-funding students starting their course in September 2021.
2. The cost will be reimbursed by a reduction in the tuition fee owed to the University for the 2021/22 academic year. You will be required to provide proof of hotel quarantine costs so please keep evidence of the managed quarantine hotel booking and receipts of any payments.
3. The process to submit your claim is now open, please complete this form. You will need your student ID number and a copy of the Corporate Travel Management Invoice you can upload with the details clearly showing. Checking and processing claims may take up to 20 working days and you will receive an email confirmation when your claim has been approved and actioned.
4. This support is available for students domiciled in (and travelling directly from) red-list countries as of 11/10/2021. Students travelling from countires formerly on the red-list, will be eligible up until the date their home country was removed from the red-list.
5. This policy is based on the red list as of 11/10/2021. It may be subject to change if there are further changes to the UK Government red list, or if alternatives to managed hotel quarantine become available.
6. If you are not required to stay in a managed quarantine hotel, you will not be eligible for this package.
7. If you are under 18, you should follow the latest UK Government advice on quarantine arrangements for unaccompanied minors with particular reference to sections 17 and 18. It is not currently possible to quarantine at the University.
8. You will need to follow UK Government guidelines on booking your managed quarantine hotel, and should check the Government website for updates to the red, amber and green lists.
9. Financial support for quarantine is only for students (new students and those resuming study), and not any family members who may be travelling with them.
10. Students on incoming exchange programmes from partner universities are exempt from the above and would need to cover the cost of quarantine themselves.
11. Students must arrive before 1 November 2021 to be eligible.
12. Students must complete the application process for a reimbursement request by no later than 19 November 2021.
Current red list of countries and territories CHECKED - 11 October 2021, 08:00
This list is based on the Government red list as of 11 October 2021, please check the Government website for the latest updates to the red lists.
- Dominican Republic