My name is Eve Coffey, and I'm a third year BA English student. I also have the pleasure of singing in one of the university's acappella groups, Score, and I write for my personal blog about a range of things, from music and arts to mental health issues. I'll be writing and posting about my experiences as a student, choosing and applying to Birmingham, and other university related topics over the coming year.
Get to know Eve
- In 10 years I want to be...a journalist for an arts or culture magazine, and I would love to be living in Brighton!
- Every uni student needs…a large wok pan - you can make pretty much anything in a wok!
- My best piece of advice for students is…to stay true to yourself, even though you're surrounded by new influences.
- My favourite thing about Birmingham is…the hidden little arty places in Digbeth and the Jewellery Quarter.
- Best study space on campus is…the Mason Lounge - it's definitely the most relaxed!
- If I could be anyone for a day I would be…Freddie Mercury, and I would sing Bohemian Rapsody on repeat.
- When not studying you’ll find me…singing, either with my A Capella group or alone (basically all the time!)
- When I was little I wanted to be…an illustrator for children's books - part of me still does.
- Best budget friendly meal…is tofu and veggie red Thai curry. It's so easy to make and so cheap!
- Snobs or The Soak…The Soak - I'd take a cheap pint over an expensive vodka and coke any day!