Applicants must be the first generation in their family to apply to university (parents must not have been to university)
- Applicants must have parents in non-professional occupations
- Applicants must have a minimum of eight GCSEs at grade B (6) and above, which must include Maths and English. A minimum of grade B in Science at GCSE is also essential for the Biological and Health Sciences Stream
- Applicants must be taking relevant A level (or equivalent) qualifications for the academic stream an application is made to.
- Applicants must attend a non-selective state school with a high proportion of free school meals and/or in inner-city areas. If applicants currently attend a selective state school/college, the school they did their GCSEs must not have been selective
- Have a household income below £42,875
Other factors that will be considered include students with disabilities and those that grew up in care or are currently in care, or those with caring responsibilities. We actively encourage these students to apply.