From workshops to residentials, our range of activities for secondary schools offer opportunities for local pupils to discover more about higher education and make the best choice for their future.
We work with secondary schools in the West Midlands region to raise aspirations and motivation, with a wide range of support available from year 7 through to year 11. Activities include:
- RAISE (Raising Aspirations in Secondary Education) - a range of interactive lectures and workshops for years 7 to 11
- Forward Thinking - a progressive programme for gifted and talented students who meet widening participation criteria. Pupils join the programme in year 8 and continue until year 11
- Mentoring - Recruitment, training and mentoring undergraduates to work in schools
- Insight into the Professions - informative events designed to offer year 10 students an insight into careers in medicine and law
- Masterclasses - we run over 40 masterclasses per year, designed to stimulate enquiry and broaden knowledge on a particular topic.
- Summer school residential - a fantastic opportunity for year 10 students with little experience of higher education to experience it first-hand by staying on campus and attending lectures like university students
- School visits - we offer tailored visits out to schools and opportunities for school groups to visit our campus