How to apply for undergraduate courses

For all undergraduate courses you should apply through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). Information about the application process and the online application form can be found at the UCAS website.

Apply now via UCAS

It is important that you remember that the University of Birmingham's UCAS code number is B32. You must enter this clearly on your application to ensure that it reaches us for consideration. You must also ensure that your application reaches us on time to be considered for entry on to your chosen course. Deadlines for applications can be found on the UCAS when to apply web pages.

It is important that you maximise the impact of your application by meeting the UCAS deadlines and by making the most of the space provided for your personal statement.


UCAS Application Process

UK students (via school or college)

If you are applying from a UK school or college, your teacher or careers advisor will be able to support you with your application and guide you through the process.

Independent UK applicants

If you are applying independently within the UK, you can seek advice from various organisations who will support you with your application. The most comprehensive source of information about how to apply is available on the UCAS website.

EU and overseas applicants

If you are applying from the EU or overseas, and your school or college is not registered with UCAS, you are responsible for your application. Advice concerning applications is available from British Council offices and other centres, such as your school or college. Further information about applying from the EU or overseas can be found on the UCAS studying in the UK website or you can visit our application pages for International students.

Contact us

Have a question about applying for undergraduate study? Find your answers using our FAQ system.