Dissertation (Module 19037)
The dissertation will enable you to undertake independent research into an area of personal interest which will allow you to investigate indepth an area integral to your programme of study.
You will work with a tutor to determine a focus and to discuss issues of methodology and analysis.
By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Take responsibility for managing their research process;
- Make critical use of scholarly texts and primary sources to inform the articulation of a research focus;
- Make an appropriate and justified selection of methods of enquiry, identifying ethical issues as appropriate;
- Deploy established techniques of analysis, pertinent to their research focus;
- Critically evaluate arguments, assumptions, and explanatory concepts in order to come to reasoned conclusions.
Lectures (4 hours), Tutorials (6 hours), practical classes and workshops (6 hours), Fieldwork (70 hours), Guided independent study (384 hours)
Dissertation 7,000 - 10,000 words (100%)