Primary and Early Years Education Theory and Practice (Module 32539)
This module will enable you to study systematically, critically and in-depth, aspects of educating Primary and Early Years children (UK and International perspectives).
The module will provide a practitioner perspective on curriculum approaches for Primary and Early Years Children, and enable you to understand the contribution of curriculum subjects to children’s learning and development.
As well as the content provided within the lecture, there will be a series of weekly tasks which will explore the relations of educational theory, teaching practice, curriculum and child development and learning. These tasks will be undertaken by you independently, and will include weekly guided independent study sessions, and will contribute to the creation of an assessed online portfolio.
- By the end of the module you should be able to:
- Analyse different curriculum approaches to Primary and Early Years Education
- Critically evaluate curriculum subjects and their contribution to children’s learning
- Describe and evaluate research into different teaching styles and practitioner models
- Identify how Early Years and Primary policy and legislation impacts on the Primary and Early Years Sector
Lectures (20 hours), Tutorials (10 hours), practical classes/workshops (2 hours)
A 2,500 word essay (60%) and an online portfolio equivalent to 1,500 words (40%).
Print this page