- Levels: Beginner and Advanced
- Available if you are taking one, two or three languages
French and Francophone Studies explores a wide range of topics from the 17th century up to events of the last 3 months. Expertise ranges from contemporary French politics and society to French literature, history and cinema.
French modules include:
- Introduction to French Literary and Film Studies
- Occupation, Liberation, Peace; La France moderne
- Writing, Reacting, Adapting
- French Cinema, Media and Visual Culture
- Francophone Caribbean Literature
- Film and Translation in Practice
For more information about studying French, German, Hispanic/ Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese/Mandarin, Japanese, Catalan, English as a Modern Foreign Language and/ or Translation at Birmingham, please visit BA Modern Languages and for information on the language combinations available please visit mychoices.bham.ac.uk.