- Levels: Beginner and Advanced
- Available if you are taking one, two or three languages
Italian at Birmingham has an excellent staff-student ratio and a friendly, nurturing learning environment. Themes span from Medieval Italy and the Italian Renaissance to contemporary Italian literature, film, politics and media.
Italian modules include:
- Icons of Italy
- Translation in Practice
- Language and Contexts
- Visions of Italy: Modern Italy in the Making
- Italian Identities: gender, sexuality and race
- Translation in Theory and Practice in Europe
- Dante: Word, Music and Image
For more information about studying French, German, Hispanic/ Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Catalan, English as a Modern Foreign Language and/ or Translation at Birmingham, please visit BA Modern Languages. For information on the language combinations available please visit mychoices.bham.ac.uk.