- Level: Beginner
- Available if you are taking two or three languages
Portuguese is the sixth largest language in the world, spoken by over 270 million people in over 10 countries, spanning four continents. Our staff have a wide range of teaching interests, from Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature and historical diasporas to Portuguese identities and contemporary Portuguese film and culture. Specialist options include:
- Thinking Otherwise: Decolonial Approaches to Contemporary Societies, Thought and Culture
- E-merging Identites: Storytelling online and otherwise its role in shaping identities
- Roots of Inequality: Race, Gender and the Legacies of Colonialism in the Global South
- Popular Culture and Resistance in the Portuguese-speaking World
For more information about studying French, German, Hispanic/ Spanish, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Catalan, English as a Modern Foreign Language and/ or Translation at Birmingham, please visit BA Modern Languages. For information on the language combinations available please visit mychoices.bham.ac.uk.