Applied Golf Business Management
- BSc Applied Golf Management Studies
Marketing and finance are key business functions and the relationship between the two is arguably one of the most important within any business, regardless of its form or the industry it operates in. The understanding and application of these key business functions is of particular importance to those working within golf business management.
The module aims to provide students with an understanding of relevant financial and marketing concepts applicable to small business operating within the golf industry. Students will gain the knowledge to interpret financial data and to recommend appropriate courses of action. In addition, students will build on their understanding of marketing from their first-year studies by exploring and applying key strategies involved in the marketing of a golf business.
By the end of the module students should be able to:
- Evaluate appropriate financial concepts and sources of finance relevant to operating a small golf business.
- Analyse and interpret financial statements to assess the performance of a small golf business and to make sound recommendations.
- Discuss the concept of marketing and apply the key elements of the marketing mix (including the extended marketing mix) to a small golf business.
- Evaluate and apply relevant marketing strategies to a small golf business.
Coursework: 2000 word assignment (50%)