This is a major piece of independent work for which a topic is identified and research is carried out with supervisory help to produce a 12,000-word essay.
6,000-word Dissertation (20)
The 6,000-word dissertation is a piece of substantial independent research on a subject in Theology and/or Religion chosen by the individual student, but subject to approval by the Department.
Placement-based Dissertation (40)
The placement-based dissertation is an extended piece of substantial independent research (9,000 words) on a topic in Theology and/or Religion linked to a specific placement context chosen by the individual student, but subject to approval by the Department. Students negotiate a placement involving a minimum of 100 hours in a setting of their own choice, subject to approval from the Department.
Optional modules may include:
- Advanced New Testament Greek A and B (20)
- Biblical Hebrew Language A and B (20)
- Biblical Hebrew Texts A and B (20)
- New Testament Greek A and B (20)
- Jewish Religious Responses to the Holocaust (20)
- Gender, Sexualities and Religion (20)
- God Beyond Borders: Building Interfaith Bridges (20)
- God and Money (20)
- Historical and Contemporary Debates on the Holocaust (20)
- Politics in the Name of God: From Democratization to Holy War
- Special Study - Autumn
- Special Study - Spring
- Understanding and Countering Radical Islamic Thought and Practice
- Visions of God in Christian Theology
- World Christianity: Christian Theology on Five Continents