The University of Birmingham is proud to announce its continuing involvement in the award-winning Lloyds Scholars programme for the 2018/19 academic year. Along with other leading universities across the UK, the University of Birmingham will partner with the Lloyds Banking Group to offer students from lower household incomes a complete package of financial support, paid internships and the opportunity to develop their employability skills.
How and when can I apply?
Applications open Thursday 3 May 2018 and will close Friday 25 May 2018. However, you are advised to submit your applications as soon as possible. Places on the Lloyds Scholars programme are limited and places at the assessment centres will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Therefore, applications may be closed earlier if the places become filled.
You can complete the online application form and learn more about the application process at the Lloyds Scholars website.
Am I eligible?
In order to apply to the Lloyds Scholars programme you must:
- be a UK resident or an EU student currently residing in the UK
- have a confirmed offer of a place to study at the University of Birmingham, having made the University your first-choice
- be commencing the first year of a full-time three or four year undergraduate degree in 2018/19
- have an assessed household income of less than £25,000
Further details regarding eligibility criteria can be found on the Lloyds Scholars website.
What does the Lloyds Scholars programme offer?
If you are successful in becoming a Lloyds Scholar, you will receive a full package of support, which will include:
- annual bursaries to help with living costs and study materials
- performance-related cash awards each year for good grades
- end of course excellence awards for top scholars when you graduate
- real, hands-on work experience on paid summer internships
- access to advice and support from a dedicated mentor
- training and development opportunities
Further details regarding the full support package available can be found on the Lloyds Scholars website.
What will be expected of me as a Lloyds Scholar?
In return for the many benefits of being a Lloyds Scholar, you will be expected to fulfil certain roles during your time at the University that will have a positive effect on both future students and the local community:
- Lloyds Scholars must complete at least 100 hours of volunteering in the community each year.
- Lloyds Scholars must champion the programme to future applicants by offering advice and support.