University of Birmingham / SI-UK Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/05/2018 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £3,000 for Nigerian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham UK campus starting September 2018.
This is a joint award with our local representatives, SI-UK, and will be awarded to the highest performing student starting their University of Birmingham programme in September 2018.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £3,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2018.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2018. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2018 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – SI-UK.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with SI-UK by 30 May 2018.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham, have selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice, and be registered with SI-UK Nigeria by the scholarship deadline of 30 May 2018. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required. The scholarships will be announced in mid-July.
The scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2018.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representative:
84 Opebi Road
Suite SF 15 Olive Plaza
by Banex Junction, Wuse 11