University of Birmingham / Zamani College Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/06/2019
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £3,000 for a Nigerian student studying at Zamani College, and applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham campus starting September 2019.
This is a joint award with Zamani College, and will be awarded to the highest performing student starting their University of Birmingham programme in September 2019.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £3,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK camps, starting September 2019 and who is currently studying at Zamani College.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2019. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be studying at Zamani College.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2019 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Accept an offer from (i.e. gone ‘firm’ with) the University of Birmingham by 30 June 2019.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham, have selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice, and have applied through Zamani College by the scholarship deadline of 30 June 2019. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required. The scholarships will be announced in by late August.
The scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2019.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact:
1, Waziri Maccido Road, P.O. Box 7399, Kaduna, Nigeria.
Tel: 0805 648 0340, 0802 917 0280