University of Birmingham / Taylor’s Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 14/06/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £2500 for Malaysian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham campus starting September 2020.
These are joint awards with our local representatives, University Placement Services, Taylor’s College, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2020/21.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £2500 towards tuition fees. Available to first year students on a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham, UK campus, starting September 2020.
The scholarship is not open to students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK.
Students who are applying for government scholarships are still able to apply for our awards, but if the student does receive a full government scholarship or alternative scholarship award then they are no longer eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2020. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Be completing their studies at Taylor’s College in 2019/2020 academic year.
- Be on track to meet or exceed the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Malaysia domiciled and a Malaysian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2020 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives - University Placement Services, Taylor's College.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with University Placement Services, Taylor's College by 14 June 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with University Placement Services, Taylor's College by 14 June 2020. Selection for the award will be based on academic performance and the students who are deemed the highest performers in A-Level or SAM programmes. Students will be shortlisted for interviews, which are to be held in July 2020 (date TBC) in Kuala Lumpur. The scholarships will be announced shortly after interview.