- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, Physics and Astronomy, Natural Sciences, Business, Economics
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- To be confirmed
The BP Scholarships are intended to encourage and support students .
As well as financial support, scholars will be offered unique access to the energy industry. In each year of their degree they will be invited to join a range of activities such as the ‘Scholars Welcome Day’ in year 1 and, a three-day conference in year 2. Both events will enable students to build their understanding of the oil and gas industry and the opportunities that exist to apply their degree subject beyond graduation. In addition, BP will run more informal events on campus and scholars will be invited to join BP as guests at high profile events such as the Ultimate Field Trip Grand Final.
Value of Award
BP will offer scholarships to up to 10 students from the University of Birmingham for 2019. Each scholarship is worth up to £9,000, with scholars receiving £3,000 from their second year for the duration of their degree (up to four years). The scholarship is not intended to cover fees, but offer students support with the costs of resources and living. BP scholars will also have the opportunity to engage in a range of activities such as conferences as well as being fast-tracked for internships or graduate employment.
This scheme is open to undergraduate students entering the University on one of the approved programmes.
How to Apply
Undergraduates can apply for a scholarship in the first term of their first year at university.
Eligible students will be contacted by the university and sent details of how to apply. The application process however is very straightforward and is designed to give everyone the best chance to share their experiences with the BP team.
The application process is as follows:
- Complete a BP online scholarship application form
- The 2019 application deadline is to be confirmed
- Complete a situational judgement questionnaire
- Complete an online psychometric test in numeracy and verbal reasoning
- Face-to-face interviews on campus with the BP recruitment team.