Hidden Pearls Bursaries
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 30/06/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The Hidden Pearls Bursary is intended to support British Muslim women from underprivileged backgrounds with their university education.
Value of Award
Two awards are available of £1,000 each. If awarded, the funds will be transferred straight to your bank account.
Applications are invited from Muslim women for a Hidden Pearls Bursary to support their second year of undergraduate study at a UK university. Applicants must also:
- Be on track to receive a 2:1 or higher (proof will be required)
- Be attending an on-campus programme in the UK (distance learning is not eligible)
- Be doing a full-time course
All students applying for the Bursary must have a household income of £16,000 or less and need to provide evidence of this to the awarding company. You will also need to provide a letter of recommendation from a tutor outlining the following:
- How long they have known you and in what capacity
- What skills/abilities do you possess that will help support you in completing your degree?
- Are there are any special circumstances we should consider when assessing this application?
How to Apply
To apply for this Bursary, you will have to download the Hidden Pearls Bursary Form. Once you have filled in the form, email it to email@example.com along with any supporting documentation.
This Bursary is a yearly award and must be re-applied for each year to be considered for another bursary. Bursary winners will be announced on 15 August every year on the Hidden Pearls website. Successful candidates will also be notified via the email they provided on the bursary form. In case of a winner not responding within 10 working days, the Bursary will be forfeited and given to the next candidate.