International Excellence Scholarship (Chemical Engineering)
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Chemical Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU)
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The International Excellence Scholarships are awarded to overseas undergraduate students who apply to study Chemical Engineering in recognition of academic excellence. A wide range of international qualifications will be considered, please contact the admissions tutor for more information abot the qualifying grades.
Value of Award
The Excellence scholarships are valued at £3,000, which will be offset against the students tuition fees.
During the degree programme, those whose performance is judged to be excellent will also be eligible for the First Class Scholarship which is worth £1,500 per year, providing the student proceeds normally to the next level with an average >70%. Therefore, the best students could receive a total of £7,500 over a four year degree.
In order to qualify for this award applicants must:
- Be classed as overseas for fee purposes
- Have made a programme in Chemical Engineering their firm choice
Student must have achieved the following equivalent grades in their subjects, which must include Maths and Chemistry:
- A Levels: A*AA
- IB: 7, 6, 6 from Higher Levels
- HKDSE: 5*, 5, 5
- Indian Standard XII: A* subject: 90% ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra; or 85% West Bengal, 95% Other State boards Plus Overall: 85% ISC, CBSE, Maharashtra; or 80% West Bengal; or 90% other State board
- Malaysia - One of the following:
- STPM: Grades equivalent to A level grades above UEC: Overall grade A2 will be considered American system: Please see our USA undergraduate entry requirements for A Level equivalencies.
Scholars cannot be in receipt of a fully-funded fees scholarship from an external body. Part-funded students should contact to Admissions Tutor for further information with regards to eligibility.
How to Apply
There is no special application process. The awards will be made automatically to all eligible students admitted to the School of Chemical Engineering at the University of Birmingham who apply by the end of September to commence their studies in the October of their year of entry.
Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Admissions
0121 414 5333