Middle East & N.Africa Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 01/07/2020 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce a number of scholarship awards of £2,500 for several select students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham UK campus starting September 2020.
This is a joint award with our local representative, GlobalStudyUK, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programmes in 2020/21.
Value of Award
The scholarship awards are for £2,500 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2020.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2020. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as domiciled in one of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Morocco, Oman, Qatar or the UAE (i.e. habitually resident in one of these countries).
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2020 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representative – ‘GlobalStudyUK’.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 1 July 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 1 July 2020. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit, with the decision announced in late July. The scholarship will be awarded upon the student’s enrolment in September 2020.
If you do have outstanding questions please contact our local representative:
Global Study UK