University of Birmingham and Al Ahlam Higher Education Services Outstanding Achievement Scholarship for Oman
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 02/07/2021 (Note: competition closed for this year)
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £2,500 for a select student applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the Birmingham UK campus starting in September 2021.
This is a joint award with our local representative in Oman, Al Ahlam Higher Education & Training Services, and will be awarded to the highest performing student starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2021/22.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £2,500 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2021.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2021. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme
- Be classed as Oman domiciled (i.e. habitually resident in Oman)
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the scholarship
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/ travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- Start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representative – Al Ahlam Higher Education & Training Services
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with Al Ahlam by 2 July 2021
- Upon enrolment in September 2021, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with Al Ahlam by 2 July 2021. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit, with the decision announced in late July. The scholarship will be awarded upon the student’s enrolment in September 2021.
For further information please contact our local representative:
Al Ahlam Higher Education Services