Women Techmakers Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering
- EU, Overseas (Non-EU), UK
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/05/2019 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Through the Women Techmakers Scholars Program - formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program - Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Value of Award
Various. One-time scholarships are awarded based on the strength of each candidate's impact on diversity, demonstrated technical skills, leadership and academic accomplishments.
The eligibility criteria varies depending on the geographical region from which the candidate is applying. The full criteria can be found on the Women Techmakers website.
In general, to be eligible to apply all applicants must:
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
Although past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The online application form is available through the Women Techmakers Scholarship website.