We guarantee all first-year undergraduate students a room in University accommodation or a nominated bedspace in partner accommodation provided that you:
- Applied to the University of Birmingham through UCAS
- Met the terms of your offer and accepted it as your firm choice
- Submitted the application by 31 July 2020*
- Confirmed by 1 September 2020 that you’re coming to the University
- Come to the University of Birmingham on your own
- Applied for accommodation for a full academic year on a 42-week contract
Applications for accommodation for 2020/21 open on 1 December 2019. You can apply online for accommodation as soon as you have an offer of a place to study at Birmingham. You will need your Student ID number, included in your offer letter, to apply.
*We’re aware that the UCAS deadline has been extended until 18 June 2020 to ensure you have as much time and clarity when making decisions about your future. In light of this, we have decided to extend the accommodation Fresher’s Guarantee Scheme deadline for Home/EU students to 31 July 2020. International students are offered the same guarantees, and must apply by the same date.