If there’s an area of study you really love – whether it’s engineering, languages, sport or art-based – an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) gives you the chance to develop your skills and knowledge and impress universities at the same time.
At the University of Birmingham, we recognise the EPQ as valuable proof of your capacity for independent learning, as well as your passion for the subject you want to study at a higher level. So when we see it on your UCAS application, it shows us that you’re serious.
The benefits of doing an EPQ include:
- You can include it on your UCAS application, and it could help you meet the conditions of a university place offer, as it's worth extra points
- The opportunity to produce a piece of work that’s truly individual, whether it’s a written research report, event or creative artefact
- It clearly demonstrates a passion for the subject - particularly useful if you choose to study the subject at degree level
- It shows self-motivation and relevant skills to future employers
- Producing a portfolio which you can be proud of and help you start to think about your future.