Availability of University accommodation is very limited at this time of year. You will be allocated accommodation where there is a vacancy. This may be a room in a undergraduate or a postgraduate flat. The approximate accommodation fee ranges from £85 a week for a self-catered flat with shared facilities, to £186 a week for an en suite Meal Plan room (Meal Plan rooms include a set amount of money each week, during term time, to spend on food at catering outlets at the Univeristy).
If we are able to offer you accommodation, you will receive your offer before you arrive and after you’ve submitted your online application. There are two types of contract length you may be offered:
Accommodation contract length: ending on 2 September 2017
- If we can offer you a postgraduate room in accommodation, the contract will run until 2 September 2017. Once you have received your offer you will be required to make the full payment online to secure your accommodation. By accepting the contract you are agreeing to pay for and remain in the accommodation you have been allocated until the end of the contract period.
- If you choose to remain in University accommodation for the next academic year, you will be able to stay with us until your new room is ready.
Accommodation contract length: until 8 July 2017
- If you are offered a room in undergraduate accommodation, this contract will end on 8 July 2017. Once you have received your offer you will be required to make the full payment online to secure your accommodation. By accepting the contract you are agreeing to pay for and remain in the accommodation you have been allocated until the end of the contract period.
- What to do after your contract ends: If after your contract has ended you wish to stay in university accommodation for the remainder of your presessional course, you will remain in your room until the weekend of the 8 July. You will then be relocated to alternative accommodation for the summer period until 9 September 2017. Your accommodation for the period from 8 July to 9 September will be £125 a week in accommodation with shared facilities, and £160 a week for en-suite accommodation. This includes a twice weekly clean to the communal areas.
If you do wish to stay in University accommodation between the 8 July and 9 September, you will have to complete an additional application. We will email you once you have arrived to provide further information about this process. We will also be delivering presentations in June to give you further details about your accommodation options for continuing your studies at the University.
- Alternatively, you may choose to vacate your accommodation on July 8 2017 and move to the private sector for the remainder of your presessional course, which would also commit you to living in the private sector for the start of the academic year 2017/18. Private sector contracts usually start on the 1 July 2017 and run for a full 12 months. For more information on the private sector please take a look at our Private rented accommodation page. If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com
Remain in student accommodation: If you wish to stay in University accommodation for the academic year 2017/2018 after your presessional course, you must complete and submit a new online application form for the academic year 2017-2018. Applications are open now and close on the 31 July 2017 for international students. Please apply online selecting either postgraduate or undergraduate depending on your course. If you are successful in your application for accommodation you will receive an offer of accommodation from us by September 2017, you will be expected to pay a £550 pre-payment to secure your room.
If you choose to remain in University accommodation for the next academic year, you will be able to stay with us until your new room is ready.
If you have any queries about your application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to ensure you are fully accommodated throughout your presessional course.