The Student Mentors are a team of 15 current students, trained to offer you help and support whilst you live in University accommodation. The team are here to help you as soon as you receive your accommodation offer and throughout the rest of your year in halls.
The Student Mentors offer support in lots of areas:
- Settling in to university life: getting to know campus, adjusting to your new surroundings and coping with homesickness
- General wellbeing: support if you’re experiencing personal difficulties, guidance on keeping yourself safe, and advice if you’re worried about a friend or flatmate
- Living with others: getting on with your new flatmates, flat visits and mediations if you experience any difficulties
- Your academic studies: finding your lecture rooms, course complaints, getting to know the library, study and revision support
- Financial Queries: support if you’re looking for part time work, budgeting or general money concerns
There’s no problem too big or too small!
Talk to us
Student Mentors can also offer 1-2-1 support to help you find your feet or work through any issues you might be experiencing. This support can be a one off or on a more regular basis – whatever works for you. If you feel like you’d benefit from this support please email email@example.com.
Events & Activities
The scheme also runs a bunch of events & activities throughout the year to help you when you need it. This includes a timetable of Welcome Week activity, campaigns to help you move into the private housing, events for you to de-stress around the exam period and activities to share personal safety advice.
Contacting the Student Mentor Scheme
To access the service you can phone, email or drop in to the Mentor Office based in The Vale Hub, next to The Duck and Scholar (Shackleton).
The office is open Monday to Friday, 16:00 to 20:00 during term time.
If you need support outside these hours, please contact your accommodation reception for assistance.
Tel: +44 (0)121 415 8568
Guild of Students - Support
Student Mentor Scheme on Facebook
Student Mentors on Instagram