The undergraduate scholarship scheme was designed to increase the opportunities for non-final year undergraduate students to engage with the College’s research agenda whilst at the same time extending the College’s high quality undergraduate student experience provision.
Scholars are funded to undertake full-time research supported by a member of academic staff for a period of five weeks during the summer vacation.
Information about the 2018 scheme
Why apply for a scholarship?
In addition to the monetary rewards the following benefits have been reported by previous scholars:
- Gain valuable experience in undertaking significant academic research
- Contribute to the development of new knowledge
- Work in partnership with academic staff
- Become more aware of and be more integrated with the College’s research culture
- Gain insight into undergraduate postgraduate study
- Helped to refine research, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Develop skills that will enhance future employment prospects and broadened CVs
If you are awarded a scholarship you will:
- Be committed to undertaking the research as set out in the original proposal within the timescale agreed at the outset
- Attend weekly monitoring meetings with the academic lead for the project
- Receive an allowance of £265.68 per week (in 2018)
- Be offered mentoring support by a previous undergraduate scholar
- Complete a final report form
- Be willing to become involved in publicising the scholarships in future years and mentor future scholars
If you would like further details about the Undergraduate Research Scholarship scheme, please contact Rachel Canty, Operations Manager for Student Experience, at firstname.lastname@example.org.