- Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
I graduated from the University of Birmingham in 2001 with a degree in English Language, English Literature and Art and gained my Masters degree in Special Applications of Linguistics the following year. I thoroughly enjoyed my time studying here and I’m very keen to help you make the most of your university experience. I work closely with students and academics, to ensure the student experience in our School is the best it can be. If you have any queries, concerns, comments, questions or ideas then I would love to hear from you!
There are so many exciting opportunities and events open to students and it is my job to ensure everybody is aware of them and to guide you to the wide range of services and available.
I run a variety of events and projects to enrich the student experience for our undergraduate and postgraduate taught students, such as:
- Working with student groups and societies to deliver events and trips such as Art Gallery visits and private screenings of foreign language films
- Managing The Insider’s Guide to the Year Abroad - an online resource which gives you real-life advice, tips and information about the year abroad from our students and who have been there
- Delivering events such as our staff-student Christmas Cabaret and our Results Day Champagne Party, as well as Year Abroad Meet and Greet events where 2nd years can meet with 4th year students to talk about their year abroad experience
- Collaborating with students and academic staff on ‘closing the feedback loop’ to address any areas of concern and ensure that your feedback is listened to and acted upon
- Ensuring our communication with students is as effective and useful as possible, and exploring new communications channels
- Delivering events and materials designed to broaden your employability skills and your understanding of the career paths open to you