Alongside your programme induction activity, during Welcome the Student Experience team co-ordinate events and activity to help you adapt to your new life in Birmingham.
Planned activity for all new students
Please note that for Welcome 2020, all community socials will all be run online.
- Pop up stand – meet your Student Experience Officer and receive a welcome gift
- Commuter student community social
- Students living off campus community social
- Students who are carers or parents community social
- Students from minority ethnic backgrounds community social
- LGBTQ+ students community social
- Pathways to Birmingham and first in family to go to university community social
- Students with a disability community social
- Students returning to education community social
- ‘Pride not Prejudice’: a College of Arts and Law inclusivity project - results to be announced from the voting on books to feature in the next event in week six.
Planned activity specifically for new undergraduate (UG) students
- Vice Chancellor’s Welcome
- Joint Honours student community social
- Incoming Exchange students community social
- School or departmental family mentor schemes
Activity specifically for new taught students (PGT)
Activity specifically for new postgraduate researchers (PGR)
- PGR mentoring scheme (for attending studentA
- CAL Graduate School induction
- CAL PG Quiz