Keep connected to what is happening at the University and in your College through our news postings, social media channels and by attending events.
- A group of Engineering and Physical Sciences students have today set off to tackle to world's the greatest motoring adventure: the Mongol Rally.
- World-leading AI expert Professor Jeremy Wyatt and his team have successfully built a system to improve robot manipulation by recovering the shape of novel objects through tactile exploration.
- Who would imagine that to make improvements to personal care and household products, scientists would look to the fields of medicine and geography? Yet that's exactly what chemists at the University have done – with great success.
- Feature article on the life and research of Professor Nick Green, Director of the High Temperature Research Centre and Professor of Manufacturing Technology at the University of Birmingham, who recently gave his Inaugural Lecture, entitled 'Casting: art to aerospace'.
- Amongst the many people congratulating Lauren Zhang, the teenage pianist from Birmingham who yesterday (13 May) won the prestigious BBC Young Musician 2018 competition, none are more proud than Lauren's parents, Shuang Zhang and Hui Li.
- Returning for their sixth year, the EPS Societies' Awards are the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences' annual celebration of our 29 student groups.