We are Women In Tech! A society created to inspire women in the world of technology! We focus on empowering and encouraging more women in STEM to follow their dreams and achieve their goals, particularly in the technological field. This is why we have created a great network of women, with like-minded goals and high ambitions.
This society is open to all individuals who self-identify as women and are keen to involve themselves in the ever-growing world of Tech. No prior experience is required- that's what we're here for!
As we are a fresh society we need your support! If you are interested to meet us you can find us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and of course on our official website. To get in touch with us, contact us by emailing email@example.com.
EPS Societies' Awards won:
- Industrial Award 2021
- Inspirational Committee Member 2021, Valeria Popescu
- Head of College Idea of the Year 2021, Founding of the WIT Society
- This year, the Women in Tech society has truly flourished, running a variety of virtual events throughout both semesters. The committee reflect on their year and share exciting results from the EPS Societies' Awards!
- In March 2021, the EPS Community launched the first event series aimed at introducing students to Engineering and Physical Science alumni from a broad range of sectors and offering and insight into their roles.
- It has been a challenging year for all of us. However, for the Women in Tech Society it has meant a new beginning as they only formed in April, and it's been quite a journey. Valeria Popescu tells us how they've grown.
- Our student groups are so unique that we have our own Fair so you can meet them! In the week of 12-16 October we introduced you to our incredible student groups with the first Virtual Fair. Watch the recordings here.
- As devoted students at the University of Birmingham, we believe that community support is the key to encourage success and growth during these uncertain times. That's why we created the Women In Tech society!