Teachers STEM Outreach Fair
- Bridge Study Room Watson/Poynting building (R15/R13 on the university campus map)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Teaching
Eleanor Mestel, Outreach and Schools Liaison Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
This evening event is designed to give teachers a chance to find out about the different Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related opportunities we offer for school students, and how they can get involved.
We will have a number of different stands from staff and students from across the university all of whom run STEM-related outreach events, offering opportunities for schools students and teachers to get involved in. By talking to these individuals and finding out what they offer, we hope you will be able to discover some different ways that you and your students could work with us.
We see it as part of our role to inspire the next generation of young scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs, and to promote the vast range of opportunities that STEM subjects offer young people.
Our events can give your pupils a greater insight into university life, STEM subjects and STEM careers in a range of formats, including:
- One-off lectures or workshops
- Day-long on-campus activities
- Residential summer schools
- Opportunities for learning over an extended period