Chemical engineering is basically applied chemistry – chemistry combined with engineering. It is a kind of engineering which studies the formulation of products such as pharmaceuticals, energy foods and petrochemicals, and the way they are produced, packages and delivered to their final destination.
Chemical engineering is one of the best-paying professions in the UK
Chemical Engineering might be for you if you:
- Like studying chemistry, mathematics and preferably physics
- Are interested in how certain products can be mass produced to the benefit of millions of people
- Want to explore new technologies and be part of the fast growing alternative fuels industry
Real world research:
- Development of alternative fuels and energy including hydrogen powered cars
- Designing foods which taste great, but have lower salt or fat content than traditional varieties
- Discovering new ways to repair and regenerate damaged tissues in the human body
Our graduates will typically work in the chemical industry for companies such as Shell, BP, Cadbury, Esso, AstraZeneca and Unilever.