Civil Engineering deals with designing, building and maintaining all kinds of structures – roads, bridges, tunnels, railways, skyscrapers and water supplies. Civil engineers solve real-life problems to benefit us as we go about our daily lives.
Our students spend a week on a construction site building a scale model of an iconic structure – they rate is as one of the best experiences in their degree programme!
Civil Engineering might be for you if you:
- Like to find solutions to real problems
- Enjoy designing things
- Want to improve the world we live in
Real world research:
- Pioneering sustainable cities, improving infrastructure and the environment
- Mapping the underworld to detect underground infrastructure, reducing unnecessary road works and saving money
- Improving water monitoring for safe, clean water
- The future of railways:
Our former students work in construction, structural, transport and environmental engineering, in railways, energy and water management, and they can be found in nearly every country in the world.