The CDT advertises for new research project proposals from supervisors working across the field of topological design at the University. Below are a sample of currently available projects for applicants starting in 2022/23.
Listed below are a range of available projects. Please download the project proposal to find out more about the project. This list is far from exhaustive, and if you are interested in a particular area of topology or topological design, please contact the CDT to discuss this further with us.
- "The roles of nanotopography and vibration on controlling long-term bacterial adhesion" (PDF), Prof Paula Mendes, School of Chemical Engineering.
- "Topology optimization of mechanical structures with stability constraints" (PDF), Prof Michal Kocvara, Optimization Group, School of Mathematics.
- "Foldamer-mediated topological assembly of polymer-based nanoparticles" (PDF), Dr Maria Chiara Arno, School of Chemistry.
- "Topological Design of Novel Metallo Foldamer-Protein Hybrids for Applications in Light Harvesting and Luminescent Imaging" (PDF), Dr Sarah Pike, Pike Research Group, School of Chemistry.
- "Novel Designs of Bone-like Scaffolds using Topology Optimisation and Additive Manufacturing" (Word), Dr Khamis Essa, Advanced Manufacturing Lab, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- "Two-Photon Polymerized Hydrogels 3D Nano and Microstructures for Healthcare Applications" (PDF), Dr Ruchi Gupta, Sensors and Microfluidics Research Group, School of Chemistry.
- "Framework topology in nanofluidic energy absorption and storage" (Word), Dr Yueting Sun, School of Engineering.
- "Topology in transient and turbulent multi-phase fluid flows" (Word), Dr Jason Stafford, School of Engineering.
- "Simulation-Driven Topology Design of Pneumatic Shape-Changing Objects" (Word), Dr Hyunyoung Kim, School of Computer Science.
- "Controlling peptide topology to access a new class of MRI contrast agents" (Word), Dr Anna Peacock, School of Chemistry.
If you are interested in any of these projects, please contact the supervisor involved or the CDT at firstname.lastname@example.org.