The College of Engineering and Physical Sciences offers up to 15 tuition fee studentships for holders of the China Scholarship Council (CSC) studentships commencing PhD programmes by 1st October 2020.
Studentships can be held in any active area of research undertaken by the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences. Please see our EPS postgraduate doctoral research page for information on research areas with available PhD programmes. Studentships are for 4 years.
- be a Chinese national
- be eligible and apply to the China Scholarship Council
- be classed as an international fee paying student for University of Birmingham fee purposes
- be able to begin the PhD study on 1 October 2020
- have completed their undergraduate studies and (if applicable), their master's study by 1 January 2020
- contact potential research supervisors to discuss research proposal
PhD Application Procedure:
1. Applicants should read the PhD Application Guidance Notes before applying for their PhD programme.
2. Applicants must apply online for a place to study at the University of Birmingham. The online application form for each PhD programme can be found through the programme's webpage.
3. Important: In the Funding Information section of the application form, state that you are applying for "EPS-CSC studentship".
4. Applications should include the following uploaded documents:
- transcript of marks obtained on your undergraduate degree
- transcript of marks obtained on your master's degree (if applicable)
- two references or the names of two referees
- a research project proposal
- a CV
- a Statement of Purpose explaining why you are a good applicant for this studentship and your interest in your chosen research area
Applications must be made through the University of Birmingham's online application form and supporting documents uploaded by 23:59 on Friday 17 January 2020. The Birmingham CSC Scholarship application for 2020 is now closed, and successful candidates will be contacted in due course.
If your application is supported, you will:
- be provided with an offer letter for the CSC
- be expected to make an application to the China Scholarship Council in March 2020
- notify the University of Birmingham of the date of your application
- notify the University of Birmingham of the outcome of your application
- if your application to the China Scholarship Council is also successful your EPS-CSC scholarship will be confirmed.
Enquiries and further information:
Informal enquiries and questions can be sent to the EPS Graduate School Office firstname.lastname@example.org.