Future Fellows Training Programme
The Research Support Office has developed a programme to support a selected group of early career researchers in applying for external fellowship awards hosted at the College of Life and Environmental Sciences.
The programme will support prospective fellowship applicants by bringing together an interdisciplinary cohort of potential candidates for a series of training/networking sessions and will also include a mentoring and buddying programme.
The programme will help to train the candidates in developing fellowship applications by:
- offering opportunities to network with peers
- providing support from current fellows and opportunities to engage with panel members
- providing funder-specific advice, including the financial aspects of applications
- offering opportunities to present their research to peers and mentors
There will be 3 sessions in the programme:
- Wednesday 22 November 2017: Session 1: ‘Introductions, Expectations & Networking’
- Wednesday 13 December 2017: Session 2: ‘Person, Project, Place’
- Wednesday 17 January 2018: Session 3: ‘Pitch to Peers, and Panel Q&A’
How to Apply
There are 12 spaces available on the programme. Participants must have clear intention of making an application for an external fellowship to further their academic research career within the next 6-18 months.
If you would like to be considered for a place please email Francesca Casey with the following information by Monday 23rd October 2017:
- A copy of your CV
- A brief (1 page) description of current research
- Details of which fellowship(s) you intend to apply for (The Research Support Office can provide guidance if you are unclear – please contact J.L.Jennings@bham.ac.uk )
- A name of a UoB academic staff member who you working with/applying to work with
For preliminary enquiries please contact Francesca Casey, Research Support Administrator for the College of Life and Environmental Sciences, at email@example.com
Resources from past sessions
Fellowship holders share their experiences