Introduction to PERCAT in EPS and LES
- Online via Zoom
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
- Wednesday 23rd September 2020 (12:00-13:00)
For further information please contact Jennifer Thomson.
The deadline for registration is 12 noon on Monday 21st September 2020.
If you’re a postdoctoral or early career researcher in the Colleges of EPS and LES, the PERCAT programme is here to support you in your career development and training and to give you a voice at College and University level. It is run by postdocs, for postdocs.
Join this online seminar to find out more about the PERCAT programme in EPS and LES, what it can offer you and how to get involved. We’ll be joined by two of our PERCAT Reps, Sandra Agyapong-Badu, of the School of SportExR, and Galane Luo, of the School of Mathematics, who will be talking about the role of our PERCAT Reps and how our Reps support the postdocs in their Schools, as well as telling you how to get in contact with the Reps for your School. We will also look at how you can access University-wide training and career development opportunities.
Who is the seminar aimed at?
The seminar is aimed at all postdocs and ECRs within EPS and LES who are new to the University, as well as those who have not previously had the opportunity to find out more about PERCAT.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- What PERCAT is and how it brings postdocs and ECRs together as a community.
- The PERCAT programme of training and events, and how to access these.
- How PERCAT represents the postdoctoral and early career research community at College and University level.
- How the PERCAT Reps in your School can support you and how to contact them.
- How to become involved with PERCAT.
- The range of training and development opportunities available to postdocs and ECRs across the University, and how to access these.
Details of how to access the seminar will be sent out to those registered a couple of days before hand.
This event is taking place during Postdoc Appreciation Week. Postdoc Appreciation Week (PAW) is a celebration of the fantastic contribution postdocs and researchers make towards research and academic life in general. It's a special time to showcase, recognise, and celebrate their efforts, and thank them for all they do!
Originally an initiative from the National Postdoc Association in the USA (National Postdoc Appreciation Week), it is now also celebrated in the UK. This year, it is taking place from Monday 21 September to Friday 25 September. During PAW, please use #LovePostdocs and #NPAW2020 in your Tweets!