PERCAT Postdoctoral Researcher Conference 2019
- Alan Walters Building
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like any further information.
The deadline for registration for the Conference is 5pm on Friday 7th June 2019.
The only dedicated conference for postdoctoral and early career research staff in EPS and LES, giving you the opportunity to share your research, access career development talks and network across disciplines.
Free Registration, Lunch and Refreshments, Drinks Reception
Call for Posters Extended
The call for posters has now been extended on a first come first served basis.
- Two prizes of £200 each for best posters.
- All postdoctoral and early career research staff in the two colleges are eligible to apply to present a poster at the conference.
- If you wish to submit a poster please read the Call for Posters document and submit the abstract of your poster by email to Jennifer Thomson.
- The final deadline for receipt of abstracts is 5 pm on Friday 7th June 2019. However posters will be allocated on a first come first served basis, please submit your abstracts as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Sarah Cosgriff, part of the Improving Gender Balance team at the Institute of Physics, freelance science communicator and trainer and co-founder of BrumSciComm.
Research Presentations and Posters
Learn about the exciting research being undertaken by postdocs and early career research staff across the two Colleges through our programme of research presentations and poster sessions.
All delegates have the opportunity to vote for the Delegate’s Choice Poster Prize
Career Development and Support
To support the development of our postdoctoral community the conference includes:
- Talks on different aspects of the postdoctoral career journey
- Sponsor Stands
- Cross-disciplinary networking
Who Should Attend
The conference is open to postdoctoral and early career research staff in the Colleges of LES and EPS. We also welcome doctoral students, academics, postdoctoral staff from other Colleges and professional services staff.
Conference Programme and Abstract Brochure
All conference delegates will be supplied with a printed conference programme as part of their delegate pack, however to reduce the environmental impact of the conference, the abstract brochure will only be available online. Delegates will be sent a link to the brochure ahead of the conference.
Register Now »
Submission of abstracts for oral presentations is now closed.
With thanks to our Gold Sponsors: