PERCAT Careers Seminar: Careers inside Academia
- Metallurgy and Materials GC13
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like more information.
The deadline for registration for this event is 12 noon on Wednesday 11th September.
Followed by lunch and networking.
Are you a postdoctoral or early career researcher looking to explore the different routes into a career inside academia? Our guest panel, drawn from across the Colleges of EPS and LES, will share their experiences of different routes into academia, including fellowships, traditional three-legged contracts, teaching-focused routes and work in industry.
Our speakers are as follows:
- Dr Jennifer Cumming, Reader in Sport and Exercise Psychology in the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Dr Holly Foss, Lecturer in Railway Systems Education in the Department of Civil Engineering.
- Dr Patrick Moynihan, BBSRC David Phillips Fellow in the School of Biosciences.
- Dr Mark Read, Senior Lecturer in Computational Solid State Chemistry in the School of Chemistry.
Panel talks will begin at 11am.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who wish to learn more about the different routes to developing a career in academia.
What will you learn from this seminar?
Register Now »
- Different routes into careers in academia.
- Tips and advice for developing your career.
- Learn about how the skills and experience gained during a postdoc positon can help you forward in your career.