PERCAT Careers Seminar: Careers inside Academia
- Metallurgy and Materials GC13
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Open to all postdocs and early career researchers in the Colleges of EPS and LES. A special guest panel of speakers at different career stages within academia will share their experiences of developing a career within academia, the key points they have learnt along the way and the advice they found most useful in developing their career.
Our speakers are drawn from both EPS and LES and include:
- Professor Janice L. Thompson, Professor of Public Health Nutrition and outgoing Head of the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences.
- Dr Alessandro Mottura, Lecturer in Physical Metallurgy in the School of Metallurgy and Materials.
- Dr Hannah Price, Birmingham Fellow and Royal Society University Research Fellow in the School of Physics and Astronomy.
- Dr Liz Ballou, Lecturer in Cellular Microbiology in the School of Biosciences.
Panel talks and Q&A will begin at 11am, followed by lunch.