PERCAT Careers Seminar: Careers outside Academia
- Webinar - online
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like more information.
You will need to register in order to receive the link for the webinar.
The deadline for registration for this event is 12 noon on Tuesday 21st April 2020.
***This event will be brought to you as a webinar, you will need to register in order to be able to access the webinar.***
Are you a postdoctoral or early career researcher looking to explore the career options open to you as you consider your next move? This seminar explores some of the varied career paths open to those with experience as a postdoctoral researcher in the world outside academia, focusing on the fields of industry and the public sector.
There will be guest speakers followed by questions for each speaker, giving attendees the opportunity to find out more about what it is like to work in these fields and how to position yourself to move into these areas.
- Hanna Burton, IPS Engineer at KLS Martin Group
- Ed Rochead, Consulting Fellow, Defence Science Technology Laboratory
- Robert Walton, European and UK Patent Attorney at HGF Limited
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who would like to know more about the career options outside academia open to those with postdoctoral skills, qualifications and experience.
What will you learn from this seminar?
Register Now »
- Find out about some of the career options open to postdocs.
- Learn about how the skills and experience gained during a postdoc positon can help you move into a career beyond academia.
- Make useful contacts for the future.