PERCAT Careers Seminar: Engagement outside Academia
- Chemical Engineering Building G35
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Registration now closed.
This Valentine’s Day get engaged…with the public, industry and the charitable sector. This seminar will explore the benefits to your research and your career from engaging with business, the public and charities and how you can get started in these areas.
Our speakers are as follows:
- Charlotte Allen, Charitable Funding Manager, DARO
- Richard Fox, EPS Strategic Business Engagement Partner
- Caroline Gillett, Public Engagement with Research Officer
- Holly Searson, LES Business Engagement Partner
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who wish to learn how to get started on engagement with different groups and organisations outside academia.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- How to embark on engagement when you have no pre-existing contacts or experience.
- How to make effective links with industry, the public and the charitable sector.
- How to use engagement with the public and the business sector to enhance your research.
- The opportunities outreach can provide to present to groups outside academia.