PERCAT Careers Seminar: Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Metallurgy and Materials Lecture Theatre GC13
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like more information.
Deadline for registration has been extended to 4pm on Thursday 9th May 2019.
Followed by lunch and networking.
Find out more about the opportunities for enterprise, entrepreneurship and consultancy which can arise from the research work undertaken by postdoctoral and early career researchers.
Our speakers are Andrew Cruxton, Incubation Manager at UoB Enterprise, Dr Adrian Burden, Royal Society Entrepreneur in Residence at the University, and two early career academics who have used Enterprise training and fellowships to help develop their career – Dr Paul Appleton from the School of SportExR and Dr Karolis Virzbickas from the School of Chemistry.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who wish to learn how to access opportunities for enterprise and entrepreneurship arising from their research work. We are pleased to extend the opportunity to postdocs in MDS.
What will you learn from this seminar?
Register Now »
- Gain an understanding of what is meant by enterprise and entrepreneurship and how to get started in these areas.
- Gain an introduction to areas such as IP, copyright and spinout companies.
- Hear at first-hand about the experiences of those who have used enterprise opportunities to help develop their career.
- Find out more about the further support and training available in these areas.