PERCAT Careers Seminar: Pensions and Festive Social with MDS PERCAT
- Biosciences NG08, Biosciences Undercroft (R27 on campus map)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Registration for this event is now closed.
Join us on 17th December to find out more about the USS Pension Scheme which all postdoctoral and early career researchers are enrolled in, and to improve your understanding of why you need a pension, the benefits of being in a pension scheme, your annual pension statement and what happens when you leave or retire.
The seminar is being run jointly with MDS PERCAT and is also open to early career researchers in CoSS and CAL. It will be followed by a festive social in the Biosciences Undercroft with Mince Pies, Festive Drinks and the opportunity to network across all the colleges.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS, LES and MDS who are enrolled in the USS Pension Scheme and who want to improve their understanding of the scheme and how pensions work.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- Why do I need a pension?
- Overview of USS pension scheme
- Brief overview of changes to USS
- Benefits of being in a pension scheme (death in service and AVC’s)
- What happens if you leave/retire
- Transfers in and out of the scheme
- How to interpret your annual pension statement