PERCAT Careers Seminar: The REF - Why it is Important for Postdocs and What you Need to Know
- Metallurgy and Materials GC13
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like more information.
The deadline for registration for this event is 4pm on Tuesday 2nd July 2019.
Followed by lunch and networking.
Find out about what you need to know about the REF in order to prepare for questions about it in interviews for lectureships and permanent academic positions.
Our speakers so far confirmed are Ryan Owens, Research Planning Partner for LES, who will provide the overview on what the REF is about, and Prof Mark Simmons, Head of School for Chemical Engineering and Prof Lee Chapman, Director of Knowledge Transfer for LES, who will provide the academic perspective and give an insight into the importance of impact and what makes a 4* paper.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who wish to improve their knowledge of the REF in order to help prepare for interviews for permanent academic positions and to move on in their academic careers.
What will you learn from this seminar?
Register Now »
- A general introduction to the REF.
- The academic perspective on what postdocs would be expected to know about the REF in interviews for permanent academic positions.
- The importance of impact in the REF.
- What makes a 4* paper and how papers are selected.