PERCAT Careers Seminar: Teaching - Training, Support and Opportunities for Postdocs
- Metallurgy and Materials building, Room GA03 (G6 on Campus Map).
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
To register for this event please email Jennifer Thomson by 4pm on Monday 29th October 2018.
Join us on 8th November to find out more about the training, support and opportunities available for postdoctoral research staff to become involved in teaching and supervision of students.
Representatives from HEFi (the Higher Education Futures institute) will provide information on the training, development and support they offer in support of teaching, including qualifications and the Beacon Scheme which provides professional recognition for those involved in teaching.
Dr Andrew Quinn of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences and Dr Vikki Burns of the College of Life and Environmental Sciences will talk about support for teaching and how to seek out opportunities to become involved in teaching from a College-based perspective.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who are involved in teaching and supervision of students or who wish to gain experience in this area in order to develop their academic careers.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- What training and support is on offer for those who are involved in teaching students.
- How to access this training and support.
- How to secure opportunities to become involved in teaching and how to make sure that they are positive and beneficial.