PERCAT Careers Seminar: Working with Industry
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Register for this event
Please get in touch with Jennifer Thomson if you have any questions or would like more information.
The deadline for registration for this event is 12 noon on Thursday 17th October.
Followed by lunch and networking.
The seminar will explore how business engagement can benefit you in your academic career and can open opportunities for careers outside academia.
Our panel of speakers will include academics involved in collaborations with industry who will share their experiences of working with industry and the insights they have gained from this.
Our panel of speakers so far confirmed are as follows:
- Prof Tim Dafforn, Professor of Biotechnology, School of Biosciences.
- Dr Sophie Cox, Lecturer in Healthcare Technologies, School of Chemical Engineering
- Dr Kieran Khamis, Research Associate (KTP), School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences.
Panel talks will begin at 11.30am.
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who wish to learn more about the benefits of working with industry and how to approach this.
What will you learn from this seminar?
Register Now »
- How business engagement can benefit you in your academic career.
- Insights into how to approach working with industry.
- The wider opportunities which working with industry can open up.