PERCAT Workshop: Open Research
- Main Library 4th Floor Training Room
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
Openness in research (including open access in scholarly publishing) is an increasing focus of funding bodies and the REF. The benefits for the advancement of knowledge are acknowledged more and more widely.
It is essential that those embarking on a career in research understand what is meant by open research; how papers are published openly, and how data is shared, if appropriate. This interactive workshop delivered by the Library Services Research Skills team will provide a general introduction to:
- Open access publishing.
- Open data
- Open peer review
- Sharing preprints
- Orcid (Open Researcher and Contributor ID)
Who is this seminar aimed at?
All postdoctoral and early career research staff within EPS and LES who wish to understand open access and how it affects them.
We are pleased to extend the invitation to attend the workshop to all research staff in LES and EPS.
What will you learn from this seminar?
- General introduction to open access.
- Information on the services, processes and support available at UoB.
Please note that places are limited, please register your place in good time to avoid disappointment.
Followed by lunch and networking.